What are the hearing services?
Hearing Services in Amber Valley, South Dales, Erewash and South Derbyshire is designed to provide information, advice and guidance on all aspects of hearing impairment for individuals, their families and friends. The service is run in partnership with Derbyshire County Council and Derbyshire Commissioning Groups.
What we do:
- We promote selfcare that enhances quality of life
- We provide Environmental Hearing equipment demonstrations
- We hold a popular and welcoming monthly social event to reduce social isolation
- We support peer groups and encourage new groups to form
- We provide social activities to reduce social isolation
- We work in partnership with a variety of organisations in health, social care and the voluntary sector
- Home visits may be requested
- We provide a wide range of volunteering opportunities, please contact us for further information
We provide easily accessible drop in centres at:
Ripley, Alfreton, Belper, Wirksworth, Ashbourne, Ilkeston, Long Eaton and Swadlincote
Please visit our Drop in page for more details on times and addresses.
For those who live in Derbyshire some equipment is available free of charge through a simple assessment conducted by professional staff members.
You may be able to borrow equipment to try before deciding what works best for the needs of the hearing impaired person.
Equipment is also available to purchase through Hearing Help UK, if it’s not available from Adult Social Care. A catalogue is also available if you wish to browse.
Please visit our Equipment page for more details.
How to access the service
To access this service a referral can be self, family, carers, friend, Audiologist, GPs, professional organisations, voluntary community organisations.
Please contact us on 01773 570976 or email@example.com to make an appointment to visit us in Ripley or find out when we are in your local area.